Skip to main content

CD



As I was alone in the night,
I looked up into the sky
The stereo rang out loud,
Into the quiet breeze.
My lips shaped the words,
As I lay on the grass,
Words falling out of me,
As if by themselves.
Reminiscing each night,
It was a quotidian routine,
Singing these songs,
As I lulled myself to sleep.
Only part I’d left,
Of a love that had once been,
The only part true enough,
I didn’t let away from me.
Listening to him play,
I felt we were close again,
A dream or blatant hope,
Mixing in me.
As the song ended,
I willed myself to believe,
His perfect note was all the perfection,
That I’d ever need..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LEFTOVER

She walked confident, He slouched behind her. She held her chin high, His eyes trailed the ground. Her queenliness, She led everywhere. Him taking only leftovers, Standing by her. At the end of time, He stood by her. “I’m with you till the end of the line” Stark differences, But yet the same, Their starting points different, Their destination the same. Two good people, However strong, One of them was, Stronger than the other. Two good people, That’s all they were, Stripped of jewelry, Only blood and bone..
Hey everyone. So, I decided to take a challenge with poetry prompts. So, I'll post one everyday. Hope y'all stick with me :)

Hello!

Hey, hope everyone's doing good. I'm Thryaksha, and I write poetry. I decided to show them the light of day with this blog. I would love to take you on this journey of words with me, being the logophile I am. All the love, T